Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Cinder

 This review was also published on my Goodreads account, which you can follow here.

Cinder
Marissa Meyer

Rating: 4/5

I didn't have high expectations for this book. I'm always dubious about retellings. Cinder takes a classic story and owns it, turning it into something original without destroying the story that it owes its orgins to.

I like that Cinder takes on a traditionally male role. I like that Cinder (as a book and as a character) can tackle minority issues without making them seem pitiable. Cinder is a strong character, who girls can emulate without losing what it is to dream of being a princess.

I can't wait to get my hands on Scarlet.

This book is also a Rebecca Caudill nominee for 2016. You shouldn't need anymore reasons to pick up this book. Now. Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment