Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly

Parts of this review were also posted on my Goodreads account, which you can follow here.

Photo from Goodreads
The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly
Stephanie Oakes

Rating: 5/5

It is almost impossible to write a review without spoilers, but I'm gonna try.

This book is intense, straight outta the gate. I started the book late one night, and fell asleep at page 4.(nothing to do with the book, I was just tired.) The next morning I woke up and picked up at page 4, and then couldn't stop reading until I had finished it. I devoured SLMB. I just had to know what had happened to Minnow and what would happen to Minnow.



The story is told with an excellent balance between the past and the present. Minnow is a character whose motivations you understand and empathize with. Stephanie Oakes is amazing and I can't wait to see what is next. I can hardly believe that this is her debut novel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment