Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Titanic: Voices from the Disaster

Parts of this review were also published on my Goodreads account, which you can view here.

Photo from Goodreads.
Titanic: Voices from the Disaster
Deborah Hopkinson

Rating: 4/5

I throughly enjoyed this book. Although the beginning was a little slow, the ending more than made up for it. There was a lot of interesting information that I had never before read about the Titanic. Not to mention that all of the information is presented in a really interesting and easy to read format. (Excellent graphic design!)

I picked up this book because of its nomination for the Rebecca Caudill award. I've read many, many books about the Titanic, and never really thought I would need or want to pick up another nonfic about it.  I only grabbed this one because of its nominee status. I was very pleasantly surprised.

This book is a great starter book about the Titanic if you are one of those rare people who have never heard of it before. It tells information about each step of the voyage, almost from the moment it leaves its dry dock, to its discovery in the 80's.

An excellent read. Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment