Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Emancipated

Same review was posted to my Goodreads account, which you can follow here.

Photo from Goodreads
Emancipated
M. G. Reyes

Rating: 2/5

I was really excited for this book. Really, I was.

I was disappointed with the weak excuses for why each of the characters were emancipated. Their stories were so weak, and at times so scattered, I couldn't keep track of which character was which. I almost sat down and made a chart. Especially when the author wouldn't use a characters name to build suspense and intrigue. Didn't work for me at all. Instead it just confused me further.


Luckily that got more bearable and I figured it out slowly but surely. I was determined to finish the book and find out what had actually happened, but to my surprise when I got to the end, the stupid this is a series.

I've already forgotten who all the characters are and what their back stories are. I'll probably forget to ever go back and read the sequel. Really disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment